Renter Criteria & Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in renting a property through Simply Residential Property Management!
How to Apply:
Note: There is a $45.00 application fee per adult. Each adult (persons over 18) living in the household must apply. A Lease Administration Fee of $150.00 is required and is due at the time of the lease signing, along with the required Security Deposit, typically equal to one month’s rent. This fee covers the administrative costs associated with documenting the move-in inspection and move-out inspection, document preparation, and does not cover any damages, cleaning or other costs that are the responsibility of the tenant. Any damages, cleaning or other fees shall be applied from the security deposit per MN State Statute. Management is an Agent for the Owner only, and no agency relationship exists with the tenant. If the property allows pets, there is a $200.00 non-refundable pet fee per pet and (if applicable) a monthly pet rent of $25.00 per pet. Once your application is approved, we will contact you to set-up a time to come in to our office and sign the lease.
Resident Selection Criteria
INTRODUCTION: Residents will be impartially selected in accordance with the applicable Federal and State laws. Simply Residential Property Management reserves the right to reject anyone that may jeopardize the future stability of the property, makes threats, is verbally abusive, or displays other behavior that doesn’t allow for a positive business relationship between Management and Tenant.
- Income – The monthly combined gross household is to be greater than or equal to three (3) times the monthly rent when applying for this unit. This information may be verified via telephone or fax by an agent for Simply Residential Property Management. Property owners reserve the right to adjust the income based on location of property.
- Public Records/Criminal Background Checks – Applicants and their household members shall have no criminal history involving crimes against persons or property. Any felony violation of the following crimes will be grounds for denial: first, second and third degree homicide; first and second degree manslaughter; criminal vehicular homicide and injury; first, second, third, fourth and fifth degree assault; kidnapping; first, second, third and fourth degree criminal sexual conduct; simply robbery; aggravated robbery; false imprisonment; theft; burglary; terroristic threats; first degree arson; and any violation of any level of the harassment and stalking statute. This includes all convictions for attempts to commit the above crimes.
- Good rental History – Applicant shall have a positive housing history. Positive housing history includes but is not limited to: No lease or rule violations, no record of disruptive behavior, no evictions, demonstrated ability to pay rent in a timely matter, no record of destruction of property and satisfactory housekeeping habits.
- Credit History – A credit report will be reviewed upon application. Residents may not be accepted in the event of bankruptcy, judgments and/or collection accounts, excessive late payments or a debt-to-income ratio exceeding 45%.
- Property Zoning – Applicant assumes responsibility that they are in compliance with all City zoning laws and occupancy limitations. The maximum allowed occupancy is two people per bedroom, and up to three unrelated adults. Some city ordinances may have additional restrictions. If applicable, please consult with a Leasing Associate prior to applying.
DENIAL OF APPLICATION: In the event any application is not approved, the applicant shall be notified in writing by mail.