Renter Criteria & Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in renting a property through Simply Residential Property Management!
How to Apply:
There is a non-refundable $45.00 application fee per adult. Each adult living in the household must apply. A Lease Administration Fee of $150.00 is required. This is due at the time of the lease signing and is charged to cover the normal move-in and move-out administrative process for the property as well as document preparation and storage. This fee only covers the administrative costs associated with documenting the move-in/move-out process, document preparation and storage, and does not cover any damages, cleaning or other costs that are the responsibility of the tenant. Any damages, cleaning or other fees shall be applied from the security deposit per MN State Statute. Management is an Agent for the Owner only, and no agency relationship exists with the tenant. If property allows pets, there is a $200.00 non-refundable pet fee per pet. Once your application is approved, we will contact you to set-up a time to come in to our office and sign the lease.
Resident Selection Criteria
Introduction: Residents are to be impartially selected in accordance with the applicable Federal and State laws. Simply Residential Property Management reserves the right to reject anyone that may jeopardize the future stability of the property. To be eligible for occupancy, applicants must meet the following selection criteria.
- Income – Individual residents must meet an individual income amount equal to at least three times the rental amount before taxes (Gross) per month or otherwise demonstrate ability to pay rent when applying for the unit. This information may be verified via telephone or fax by an agent for Simply Residential Property Management. Owners reserve to adjust the income based on location of property but income ratio will apply for all residents per property.
- Public Records/Criminal Background Checks – Applicants and their household members shall have no criminal history involving crimes against persons or property. Conviction for crimes of physical violence, property damage, theft, drug-related offenses, sexual offenses, or any other act that would be detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of other residents or their peaceful occupancy of the premises will be grounds for denial. If the applicant is from an abusive household, the applicant must sign a statement stating the abuser will not be accepted in to the unit.
- Good rental History – Applicant shall have good rental history. Good rental history includes but is not limited to: No lease or rule violations, no record of disruptive behavior, no evictions, demonstrated ability to pay rent in a timely matter, no record of destruction of property and satisfactory housekeeping habits.
- Credit History – A credit report will be reviewed upon application. Residents may not be accepted in the event of bankruptcy, judgments and/or collection accounts and excessive late payments.
- Property Zoning – Applicant assumes responsibility that they are in compliance with all City zoning laws and occupancy limitations.
Denial of application: In the event any application is not approved, the applicant shall be notified in writing by first class mail.